Tuesday 19 March 2024

ST 55 - Opening 6



Fathoming the Pyramid

Timothy Granville


Robin raised his eyes to the encrusted ceiling. In the gloom it took him half a second to realise what he was staring at.

“Bit OTT?” asked Georgie.

“I like it. I think.”

“Good. I think I like it too.”

They were standing at one end of a small room with a red and white chessboard floor. The light filtering through the narrow windows overhead revealed the walls and domed ceiling were covered in shells, masses of bivalves foaming around huge conches and cones.

“It could be awful, couldn’t it?” said Georgie. “Like some monstrous suburban garden feature. But actually…”

No comments:

'Schalken the Painter' by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

A reading by yours truly of one of the all-time classics. I hope you enjoy it!  I'm told my voice sends people to sleep so maybe try it ...