Thursday 9 July 2020

Issue 44 is almost ready for lift off

Supernatural Tales 44

It's taking a VERY long time for print-on-demand copies to arrive, so I'm trying to get ahead of the game. As you can see, the design is different. Sam Dawson - with typical cuddliness - has provided a splendid illo of a Covid-laden sewer, so how could I note use it?

Lulu, to be fair, did a great job of improving their interface once they had given me and probably thousands of other users near-embolisms by shutting everything down for several DAYS. Without warning. I think the actual quality of the zine has not declined, and the price is the same (more or less). Postal  rates should not be an issue for non-UK POD customers as it is being printed in your country, not mine. Higher postal rates to the US are playing merry hell with some small presses, but I don't anticipate trouble for ST.

Now, what of the contents?


So, there you have it. A novella by Steve Duffy, a seasonal short-short by Michael Kelly, and lots of good stuff in between. I think it's a damn good one, but I would say that. Soon you, gentle reader, will have the chance to find out just how much you agree (i.e. a lot). 

Stay tuned for terror! And so forth. 

No comments:

'Schalken the Painter' by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

A reading by yours truly of one of the all-time classics. I hope you enjoy it!  I'm told my voice sends people to sleep so maybe try it ...