Wednesday 22 August 2018

Terror in the Shadows

Terror in the Shadows: Horror Short Stories Anthology (Scare Street Horror Short Stories Book 5) by [Nasser, A.I., Ripley, Ron, Clancy, Sara, Longhorn, David]... is a new anthology of tales from Scare Street, which happens to contain three (count them, three!) short stories by yours truly.

'Lost Dog' is about a lost dog - or is it? If you've ever worried about a pooch wandering about on its own and thought, 'Aw! Perhaps I should help the poor doggie!', this one will cure your humane impulses.

'Thunder Run' is my attempt at a traditional ghost story, though arguably it goes a bit over the top in a multi-storey car park. But then, who hasn't done that? I was inspired, sort of, by a visit to a local theatre where Stan Laurel once trod the boards. (He isn't in it, though.)

And 'Initial Impressions' is me being all clever and sophisticated, or so I fondly imagined when I wrote a horror story about a dead horror writer. I suspect that the twist will be apparent to most readers well before the end, but...




No comments:

'Schalken the Painter' by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

A reading by yours truly of one of the all-time classics. I hope you enjoy it!  I'm told my voice sends people to sleep so maybe try it ...