Friday 7 August 2015

Partners in Fun

This is just an anecdote culled from the internet - somebody put it on Facebook. I can't find an original link, but I'd like to believe it.

"In the early 90s I worked for Hammer Films and was asked to
organise a voiceover recording for a Hammer Films documentary.
Both Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee had agreed to work together
one last time. Christopher Lee had asked me to organise one
thing: a television and a VHS player in a private room and to
have some alone time with Peter. 
"After the recording, I cleared the studio and left Peter and
Christopher alone with the TV. They hadn't noticed that I was
still at the mixing desk so I waited to see what they were
going to be watching. I saw Count Dooku and Grand Moff Tarkin
sat watching Looney Tunes cartoons - each doing perfect
impersonations of Sylvester the Cat and Tweety Pie
– all line perfect! 
"I can't remember exactly - but I think Christopher Lee was
Tweety Pie and Peter Cushing was Sylvester."

I'd have guessed that Lee would play Sylvester, what with Cushing's lighter voice, but it's even funnier the other way round. And, being a pedant, I must note what this person really witnessed was Dracula and Van Helsing watching Looney Tunes and doing the voices. Or the Monster and Baron Frankenstein. Or the Duc de Richelieu and Winston Smith, with a side order of the Mummy and Doctor Who*. All of 'em, in one room. Wonderful stuff.

I tought I taw a puddy tat!


Thufferin' Thoccotash!


*Yes, I know, but in the Dalexploitation films Cushing's character is definitely called Doctor Who. 

No comments:

ATARASHII GAKKO! - HANAKO (Official Music Video)

'Hanako of the Toilet' is a famous Japanese urban myth of a girl ghost that haunts... well, you can work it out for yourself.  (I th...