Thursday 29 April 2021

The Curse of the Longhorns!

In fiction, curses tend to be rather dramatic and subtle. In life, sad to say, they are more predictable and boring. In my case, the arthritis that has afflicted my knees for some years has finally found it way to my right arm and shoulder, rendering me less able to type and work online (all those mouse clicks etc). 

This should not have too serious an effect on ST but I am of course having to put paying work ahead of the magazine and this blog, which are essentially hobbies. However, sweet are the uses of adversity, as Shakespeare remarked at some point. I have been experimenting with dictation software, and while it often has hilarious results, it is good enough to get me back on track. 

Just thought I'd mention it in case there are fallow spells here in future. It's not the spirit that is unwilling, etc. 

Now, back to your regular viewing.



No comments:

'Schalken the Painter' by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

A reading by yours truly of one of the all-time classics. I hope you enjoy it!  I'm told my voice sends people to sleep so maybe try it ...