Thursday 1 October 2020

Deadly as a Poundshop Ouija Board!

 From the Hull Daily Mail:


"All hell could break loose if the demon attached itself to anyone and follow them around. Nasty spirits can scratch and attack people and should not be messed with as people could get seriously hurt. So I was gobsmacked when I saw that Poundland were selling these Ouija boards and was profoundly shocked and just fuming really."  
Mr Marsters, who has been a paranormal investigator for seven years, says that many people in his field have spoken of their anger that such devices are being sold for all.
He says that he could not see an age limit on the product, but Poundland say that the sale of the product is restricted to over 18s. (...) Poundland have said that the "spirit boards" are being marketed to adults only and have sold out due to their popularity.



h/t Steve Duffy for the story

Is it wrong that I suddenly want a Ouija board? I've never even seen one in real life, but I've seen a hundred in films and TV shows. Including ones used in cultures where they don't have an alphabet, like this one from Japan. Apparently it was popular in the Seventies when people (teens, mostly) tried to summon a spirit called Mr Kokkuri. Read more here.




1 comment:

Farinas said...

Greatt reading your post

'Schalken the Painter' by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

A reading by yours truly of one of the all-time classics. I hope you enjoy it!  I'm told my voice sends people to sleep so maybe try it ...